Robert D. Pace
The Year of the Lord’s Favor
The Impartation of Privilege
While this message does not apply to everyone, I ask that you open your heart to the Holy Spirit and discern its application for you. Ultimately, only God can confirm whether this “word” has right-of-passage into your life. As you apply this, do so in terms of God’s impartation of privilege for you now! Why now? Because, according to Jesus, it’s always the year of the Lord’s favor” (Luke 4:19).
Awhile back, I pondered the word privilege. As I researched its definition, I discovered it meant, “a right or benefit granted to select people. Privilege grants a person permission to enjoy something un-afforded to others. One dictionary noted that the privileged “have obtained advantage to accomplish something noble.” In essence, privilege can be summarized in three words: Advantage, Immunity, and Opportunity. I want to examine each:
1. The Privilege of Advantage: Jesus wants you to excel because he has summoned “advantage” to your life. Your Savior has placed his Signet Ring upon your finger, given you the “key of David,” and kissed you with privilege. And as Christ embraces you, he also releases his promise from Revelation 3:7 that says, “[These are] the words of the Holy One, the True One.” Do you see what Christ is saying? He’s saying that as the “holy one … [and] true One,” he goes before you with the keys to open doors and make your assignment successful. Your advantage is sure! “I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut” (Rev. 3:8, NIV).
2. The Privilege of Immunity: The assignment God has for your life is important to God. So much so, that your faithful obedience to him enables you to surmount difficulties that would defeat others. In fact, your assignment is of such magnitude that God says, I want to elaborate on this privilege of immunity:
First, as you pursue your assignment and walk with God, he will exempt you from the sentence that plagues outsiders to his grace. I am not suggesting that God eliminates tests, difficulty, or even peril. But because of our faithfulness to God he returns a special “keeping” grace. Revelation 3:10 puts it this way:
“Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.”
To state it another way the Lord is saying, “I exempt you from defeat! You are not numbered with the world and, like Noah, you will rise above its curse.”
Second, the grace of immunity says, “The defeats of your past have not disqualified you from your assignment. The pardon from Christ’s Blood exempts you from being sidelined.”
Third, God exempts you from the repression of slander. Though Satan fires his flaming missiles at you the grace of Christ subsumes them all. Revelation 3:9 says, “I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.” God’s promise to the Philadelphian Christians shows how their faithfulness elicited God’s public affirmation of them.
3. The Privilege of Opportunity: Advantage coupled with Immunity makes way for Opportunity. And Opportunity is the assignment itself. For example, recall those to whom God extended privilege:
- Mary, privileged to birth the Messiah says, “Be it unto me according to your Word.”
- Noah, privileged to spare the human race from the Flood, proceeds to build an Ark.
- Moses, privileged to secure the Ten Commandments, ascends Mount Sinai and returns with the Stone Tablets etched by the finger of God.
Whatever your opportunity is, you have the backing of Heaven to make it successful. Jesus said, “I have set before you an open door” (3:8). That denotes opportunity. It denotes privilege. So, go forth in faith!
“And the angel of the Lord solemnly assured Joshua, (7) “Thus says the Lord of hosts: If you will walk in My ways and keep My charge, then you shall rule My house and have charge of My courts, and I will give you the right of access among those who are standing here.”
[contact-form-7 id=”1309″ title=”Contact form 1″]